[BlueOnyx:14826] Re: cannot update PHP with Newlinq at Proxmox

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Mar 4 01:52:43 -05 2014

Hi Eiji,

We don't support Proxmox. If you use it to run BlueOnyx, you do so at
your own risk.

> I asked two ;
> 1. Chat of Teamviewer will not remain record,
>    so don't you write down your story on support ticket page to leave?
> 2. Your forum Where is?
>    Link can not be found from the main page.
> But return nothing.

I was only indirectly involved in this support case, but I'm informed
about it. You were provided with instructions (which included
screenshots) on how to install the software. From what I understand you
didn't manage to follow the instructions. Despite hundreds of other
clients having no issues with that particular package or the methods of
installation.

Usually things like that are no big deal. It happens and we usually can
make the client happy in a matter of minutes.

We asked you to provide the login details of your server so that we
could troubleshoot the issue. You refused. A lengthy and time wasting
email exchange followed. Until Greg (with my full support and consent)
canceled and refunded your order. Because you had bought the software
without support. At that point where we refunded your $50 order in full
you already had wasted 3-4 hours of Greg's time and an hour of mine.

We could have fixed that in five minutes instead. If you had let us.

You re-purchased. With support. Same issues. We asked for access to the
server for diagnostics and troubleshooting. Eventually you relented on
that. However: You created a *lot* of hurdles for us in order to access
the server. What should have been a simple five minute diagnostic turned
into a lengthy and frustrating nightmare.

Instead of providing direct SSH and GUI access, you did the following:

- You asked Greg to login to your desktop PC via Teamviewer. Which
required scheduling the session to a specific date and time and threw a
wrench into other work and support issues that Greg was dealing with.

- You canceled his SSH session from your PC to the server, because you
had suspicions about the used SSH client. On *your* PC! Sorry, but
that's utterly ridiculous.

- Once a different client was used, the saga continued.

- You ask him to document each and any diagnostic command in the ticket
system. With explanations of what it is for and insisted on total
supervision of all transactions between Greg and your server.

I'm sorry, but if you had asked me any of that, I would have (very
firmly) told you to bugger off. With expletives. I really admire Greg
for the patience and restraint with which he dealt with you. That's a
business professional. I on the other hand? As an engineer and
code-"grease monkey" don't have that kind of social skills. Nor do I
want to. When I see bullshit, I call it that.

So having shoved the last vestiges of politeness out of the window, let
me tell you this in very clear terms:

If you can't muster the trust to have me (or Greg) troubleshoot your
server in a case where you *ask* for support, then you shouldn't be
using BlueOnyx in first place. If you don't trust us, then why do you
trust our install media and our code? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It is as simple as this:

The security of your server is our highest concern. And we usually bend
over backwards to deliver the best support we can. But if we get the
impression that someone is playing games with us and demands stuff
that's way, way, way beyond the scope of the initial purchase? That's
where the hammer falls. Hard. As an engineer I know how to throw a hammer.

Sorry, but that's how it is. Now tell me that this isn't an attempt to
bully us into sending you the PKGs instead? So that you can purchase
once and install on multiple servers? It's not like I didn't notice that
happening in the past. Do you know that we offer very generous discounts
and bulk deals? You could have asked for that instead.

We refunded your payments in full two times. And we reserve the right to
do so again in the future.