[BlueOnyx:14995] Re: ERROR createTar: Input/output error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Mar 24 14:40:44 -05 2014

On 3/24/2014 12:16 PM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> I think Dudi was on target with the suggestion that /home may be
> damaged.   Running smartctl on the drive shows some problems are
> indicated on this single-drive system.
>
> Therefore, I'm thinking perhaps we might try connecting an external
> drive and running cmuExport with the -d option and send it there.

Update. After attaching a USB drive, we received the same errors.

I note that tar.gz files were created, and they appear to be sizable.
CMU reports "We exported 8 vsites, 39 users, 0 lists".

So what I am guessing at this point is that it's not a problem of CMU
writing the files, but reading the site/user files.   Obviously, that's
troubling.   Short of restoring the CMU files onto a fresh system, is
there any way to know if the integrity is any good?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services