[BlueOnyx:15412] Re: Updated: demo.blueonyx.it

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon May 19 17:16:19 -05 2014

Hi Steffan,

> Nice work

Thank you!

> I just noticed in the userlist you have IMAP sync and Sub domain setup.
> But the pages gat mixed up When you click on one you see the page beloning
> to the other :-)

Yikes. Many thanks for the heads up. I just fixed it on the devel box
and will publish that fix to the demo a bit later today. That was
actually an interesting little bug in the main routine that every page
uses: getPagedBlock(). I think I have it fixed now. But as it goes: I
ported that routine to 520XR very early on to get it to work with the
new GUI. Now that I had to touch it again to fix this issue, I felt the
strong urge to rip it out entirely and to re-do it from scratch. That
1100 line code-contraption has a few skeletons in the closet and could
be done a hell of a lot better using more modern coding standards. Ah,
one of these days I'll fix it for good.

> The buttons under mailinglist is not working is that demomode or a little
> bug.

I'm just looking at this page in the demo:

http://demo.blueonyx.it:444/mailman/mailmanList?group=site1

The big buttons that have "(Demo)" at the end of their text are disabled
in Demo mode. Which is (on that page) the "Save" button. The tiny
trashcan icon next to the "testlist" also doesn't work in Demo mode by
design, but there is no space to tack the "(Demo)" text onto it. So it
just goes through the motions of deleting when you click on it, but
doesn't do the actual delete transaction.

The large "+Add" button and the tiny pen icon button next to "testlist"
do work and lead to their respective sub-pages.

These two sub-pages for adding / modifying lists are reachable in Demo
mode, but you can't do anything sensible on them as saving on those
pages is not allowed in Demo mode. The two large buttons that ought to
show the mailman backend aren't working either in Demo mode (by intention).

> In the reseller account im missing the total usage of all vsites.

Hmmm .... that is true. As is it is only visible when you try to add a
Vsite. On the demo.blueonyx.it box reseller "blueonyx" only has 16GB
still available for allocation to Vsites. This is shown below the
"Maximum Allowed Diskspace" field, where it says: "(1.00 - 16.00G).

But yeah, this should be shown elsewhere in a more prominent fashion.
I'll add it to the Vsite list below the line that shows his maximum
allocatable settings.

Something else:

Login as "admin" and go to "Active Monitor" / "Status". Then check these ...

- CPU Usage
- Disk Usage
- Memory Usage
- Network Status

... and enjoy the new funky graphical statistics. \o/

This is just an OpenVZ VPS and some statistics are therefore just very
basic. On a "real" server or one that is virtualized differently, you
can actually see the disk usage per drive, per Volume-Group and per
partition. They are then spread out over multiple tabs for easier
viewing. The "Memory Usage" graphs are also a lot more detailed on a
non-OpenVZ box.

The graphs are done by parsing the "sysstat" logs like this:

/usr/bin/sar -q -f /var/log/sa/sa* (just yesterdays and todays log)

It parses the last two days worth of logs for the item of interest and
assembles the last 144 10 minute segments to get a full 24 hours worth
of data-points. Which are then fed to getGraph() to assemble the
graphical statistics. Which aren't images, but done via JavaScript and
jQuery. That little gimmick was two days worth of work, but it should be
worth the effort.