[BlueOnyx:16468] Re: RAID1 with 2 SATA drives

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Nov 16 20:56:41 -05 2014

On 11/16/2014 6:16 PM, Tom wrote:
> However, for some reason it will not raid my 2 500gb SATA drives. It shows
> them, as 2 drives ((2x) WDxxxxxxx) in the info page on 1 line instead of
> separated. When I check raid, it shows no raid. I do have hardware raid in
> the bios, but have always read not to use it for BO.

A bit more information will be necessary here, Tom.   What kind of
"hardware RAID" are you using?  (Or not using?)  Generally, if you have
a "good" hardware RAID, I'd say use that.   But if it's fakeraid / fraid
(as in, it needs some sort of driver) then TURN IT OFF in the BIOS and
do not use it.

I'm not sure what you're seeing in the "info page".  What does it show
when you give this command as root:
cat /proc/mdstat

If in doubt, it may be that the drives have some sort of software RAID
(maybe from one of those fraid systems) striping on them.  In which
case, install BlueOnyx using the "no dmraid" option to skip the RAID
detection.

> Also, the GUI has all sorts of issues, won't build pages, page load never
> happens, blank pages, etc. At5 first I assumed it was the system raiding
> the drives. I tried reinstalling and it does the same thing. re-downloaded,
> same issue.

That sounds flaky.  What version did you download, and are you burning
to ISO?   Are you 100% confident in the hardware?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services