[BlueOnyx:16328] apache AllowOverride

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Thu Oct 30 15:26:18 -05 2014

Hi list,

Today I got a report of a customers wordpress site that gave a 500
server error on a 5108R.

The apache error log gave:
bla/bla/.htaccess: Option MultiViews not allowed here

I confirmed that in the GUI, AllowOverride Options was enabled.
I even enabled AllowOverride All, but still the error remains.

It turns out that in the config of apache
AllowOverride Options All
does not allow a MultiViews in a .htaccess
It must be explicitly named as
AllowOverride Options=All,MultiViews

It is explained at p.e.
https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/apache-allowoverride-all

If I manually edit
/etc/httpd/conf.d/blueonyx.conf
to include
AllowOverride Options=All,MultiViews
the error is gone.

Now here it is: I don't see a way by using the GUI to tell BX to allow
Option MultiViews in a .htaccess file. Is it possible to add this in a
future update?

Thanks
--
Maurice