[BlueOnyx:17402] Re: strange delay from mailman

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Thu Apr 2 13:53:26 -05 2015

At 11:29 AM 4/2/2015, Tigerwolf wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Apr 2015, Barry Mishkind wrote:
>
>> But .. the same post is delayed for one to two hours in sending the copy to
>> the local address here on the server. If I subscribe directly to my ISP address,
>> it comes right in, but to the main alias on the server, it seems to take
>> hours to return.
>>
>> Any ideas where to look for this one?
>
>Check 'ps -aux|grep send' and see what the value is for the queue runner

/home/rln/firewall/> ps aux|grep send
root     30819  0.0  0.2  10676  4908 ?        S    13:43   0:00 sendmail: ./t31A2mko032723 from queue
root     31062  0.0  0.0   4996   688 pts/2    S+   13:48   0:00 grep send
root     32117  0.0  0.1   9852  2968 ?        Ss   Apr01   0:03 sendmail: accepting connections
smmsp    32125  0.0  0.0   8296  1520 ?        Ss   Apr01   0:00 sendmail: Queue runner at 00:15:00 for /var/spool/clientmqueue

>process, and be sure there is one.  This sets the delay for retries on
>queued mail it couldn't send the first time around.

        I see 15 minutes.  But, then again, sending from mailman
        to the local address should not need be delayed at all?

>Maybe the greylisting changed that value.
>
>Before saying that disabling graylisting didn't fix it, be sure that all
>queued mail has been cleared out, since just turning greylisting off
>likely dosen't mess with already queued messages.

        Understood.  I did wait until the queue was clear,
        but if I needed to "restart" something (mailman?),
        that I didn't do.  I'll do that now.

        Thanks!