[BlueOnyx:17423] Re: Relay email problem

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Tue Apr 14 09:40:58 -05 2015

Hi Chris,

sorry for being unclear. But your second guess is correct, it is scenario 2:

> Or perhaps I am misunderstanding the scenario, in which case I apologize
> for not being clear on the concept.
>
> If it's simply a matter of using an email client that resides on a
> dynamic IP to relay through your server which is properly on a static IP
> address, then it may simply be a matter of enabling SMTP authentication
> on your email client.

The client uses a software which is not able to authenticate via user/pw. But this should be no big deal - at least regarding to the gui: there you are allowed to enter hostnames. In my case I entered the hostname of my client which is a "dyndns" one.

And there the problems begin I described before: address is resolved correctly (at least when I do it manually on the machine) but relaying is denied :-/

Tobias