[BlueOnyx:18176] Re: Email support only

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Aug 19 06:47:39 -05 2015

Eiji.

> On 19 Aug 2015, at 2:22 pm, Eiji Hamano <bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> Hi  Michael
>
> I purchased two AV-Spam at your site in this April with option
> "Current version, No updates. Email support only".
>
> I have a question for the representation of "Email support only".
>
> Greg is saying that it is the translation of the problem and
> he said it was originally "forum support only".
>
> See following my backup url,
> by search key "german -> english translation".
>  http://www.hypersys.ne.jp/test/Email_support_only/
>
> My question is ;
> the "Email support only" means "forum support only",  realy?
>
> The forum  http://forum.compassnetworks.com.au/
> is recently does not appear to be less active.
> If so, it would be that there is not many question from anyone?

You opened a support ticket via a web portal designed for customers that have current support agreements. I directed you if you required further support in that manner, you should ensure your support had not expired. You brought to my attention that the item said “Email support only”. Just to remind you, the ticket you opened was not an email… so regardless of the translation, it is clear you were trying to access the premium support service, which was not included in your order.

If you look through the product listings in the store, I believe that this is the only product that says “email support”. Every other item in the store says “Forum Support Only”. As indicated, i have assumed this is a translation issue, but I have not yet had a chance to discuss with Michael before you decided to share this in the mailing list.

In any event, you have indicated that the support status in your server show as “expired”. Regardless, of the above, I did answer your question and asked you to try something again particularly with your clamav install. You have not provided a response to this suggestion.

Is the support forum very active? Not really. Most customers purchase maintenance / support if they need it, or they look after themselves.

As I indicated above, I have tried to reach Michael about the phrase “email support only” on that product. You will be provided an answer once we discuss.

Regards,
GK