[BlueOnyx:18236] Re: Email support only

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Tue Aug 25 02:58:14 -05 2015

Greg Kuhnert wrote:
>> On 24 Aug 2015, at 4:22 pm, Eiji Hamano <bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
>> <mailto:bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp>> wrote:
>
> As per my off-list email to you, you had been blocked by an IDS rule due
> to something that looked like a DOS attack. I have made the rule less
> sensitive to see if that helps you.

That's strange.
I have done the same thing in my friend's PC at his room yesterday.
The result was the same error!
My friend's PC also performed like "a DOS attack".  What a "unusual"??

> *_Question 1._*
>
>     /In 202.58.19.180  200001020  PHP-5.5  and   200001023  spamAV./
>     /The server was crashed,  How do I  back the purchase softwares?/
>

> I am guessing you want to reinstall some software. NewLinQ records show
> that 202.58.19.180 was seen for the FIRST TIME with that serial number
> and that ip address on the 16th of August. If this is a reinstall, I
> would expect to see the same serial number of IP address, but changing
> both at the same time is “unusual”. So, lets look where this software
> was first installed.
>
> Log entries also show both PHP 5.5.x and AV-SPAM were installed on
> 202.58.18.90 and 202.58.18.232, and still installed on those servers
> today. It has not been uninstalled or unlinked from either of those
> servers. Based on newlinq, it is still installed there. One copy was
> installed from this order, and another copy from the order below. This
> answer applies to both AV SPAM and PHP.

First of all say that
202.58.18.90 and 202.58.18.232 are correct.
It might be from my mistake at the beginning,
anyway 202.58.19.180 is wrong,
202.58.18.90 is correct.

202.58.18.90 has "Clam-AV 0.98.4",  not "Clam-AV 0.98.6-1".
    http://www.hypersys.ne.jp/test/Email_support_only/202.58.18.90a.jpg

And it has still not-installed softwares  "ClamAV 0.98.6-1" and AV-SPAM
5.1.6-3", see as follow.
    http://www.hypersys.ne.jp/test/Email_support_only/202.58.18.90b.jpg

> *_Question 2._*
>
>     /In 202.58.18.232  200001025  PHP-5.5 ,  200001026  phpadmin  and
>     200001027 spamAV. The purchase softwares lost suddenly. They are
>     disspaled in  "Support Expiry Report" and "Installed Software List".
>     However they are  not  activate in the server now.. How do I do?/
>

> I dont know exactly what you are asking here, but lets look at the data.
> We have already talked about avspam and php above. (This is the other
> copy). It is still installed. phpmyadmin was installed on 202.58.18.232,
> and newlinq shows it is still installed on that server today.

I very happy to be able to show the heart of the matter.
202.58.18.232 has a installed list as follow.
    http://www.hypersys.ne.jp/test/Email_support_only/202.58.18.232a.jpg

However 202.58.18.232 does not have the GUI of AV-SPAM nor ClamAV as follow.
    http://www.hypersys.ne.jp/test/Email_support_only/202.58.18.232b.jpg
It only hace PHP 5.4 manual FPF.

> [...]
> somewhere else? Just to be clear, you purchased two copies, and you can
> use two copies. If you want, you can relocate a copy from one server to
> another by uninstalling, unlinking, and linking at another location. As
> I advised when you first recently reached out, you are welcome to
> purchase professional support if you need direct assistance from Michael
> or myself. I also told you that as an alternative, you can use the web
> forum. Can I suggest you give the forum another try to see if that is OK
> for you now.
>
> While we are on the topic of installed software, I had a look at
> 202.58.19.180. Michael has previously asked you to explain all of the
> copies of some of his applications that have been installed way in
> excess of the purchased copies. All modules sold at ANY TIME in any
> compass or solarspeed store were single install package files for a
> single server. The fact remains, you have installed many more copies of
> software that you received before newlinq, and you continue to do this
> today. Michael gave you the benefit of the doubt and asked you to
> explain what you were doing. You ignored his email.
>
> Before answering your question on the topic of support, let me say this.
> Trawling through newlinq records to find the above details about your
> purchases (and the other unauthorised installs) has taken me a good 2
> hours. That is two hours of support that you did not pay for, when there
> is absolutely nothing wrong with your purchase. It is still installed
> where it was after your initial purchase. If you want a third copy,
> purchase it. If you want to move a copy - uninstall it and move it. This
> is all covered in the FAQ posted at
> http://support.compassnetworks.com.au/kb/faq.php?id=3  But you have not
> paid for support, and totally wasted my time. You have disrespected and
> disobeyed our license agreements where you have previously installed
> multiple copies of PKG files without authority.
>
> One last question. Have you had a chance to respond to Michael about the
> unauthorised copies of software that have been detected as being
> installed? Its been quite a while since that concern was first raised,
> but we are yet to have an explanation to the detected violations of our
> software licenses. This newly detected installation of PHP on
> 202.58.19.180 is another example that would need an explanation.
>
> *_NEXT STEPS:_*
> Before we do ANYTHING, I think we need to do a license audit against all
> of your servers. I have not yet discussed this with Michael, but this is
> my suggestion. After an audit - we may be able to get this relationship
> back on track… but you need to remember. If you want professional
> support, pay for it. If you dont want support from Michael and I, you
> dont have to purchase it - and you can use whatever community support
> you think is appropriate. Our forum is one suggested method, but there

Greg, I always have answered to your question, and I have proved your
misunderstanding. Why you should not answer to my previous question now?

Eiji Hamano