[BlueOnyx:16809] Re: MySQL PDO driver

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jan 4 19:06:04 -05 2015

Hi Don,

> Were you able to get this working? I'm unable to do so on my end.

I tried it during the last two PHP builds for all platforms and I got it
nowhere near where it needs to be for that.

I get a build that contains PDO, but PDO_MySQL and such? Not yet.

It's kinda complicated, as part of this PDO stuff is actually supplied
via PECL and isn't included in the actual PHP sources.

We build for two versions of MySQL: The stock one and the upgraded MySQL
from the shop.

So right now that's already four compile runs per PHP per BlueOnyx
versions. One per supported MySQL versions for the DSO and another one
for the PHP-FPM stuff. Throw in another two runs for the PECL stuff per
MySQL version and that six compile runs. Plus: We need to switch the
PECL libraries around on PKG installs to make sure you get the one that
matches the installed MySQL.

I'll take a long and hard look at the build process again and will see
if I can get it streamlined and still have the PDO stuff included.