[BlueOnyx:17728] Re: new server setup

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun May 31 19:10:24 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

> All of the original server's Vsites were using, lets say, 92.118.134.51.
> I created a new server and installed BX. When it asked for eth0 IP, I
> didn't think I could use the same IP for the server default, because of
> using CMU from one box to the other. I thought I had to have 2 separate ip
> addresses for the communication. So I used 92.118.134.53 on the new box. I
> ran CMU, following the tutorial and migrated everything over successfully.
> So now all the Vsites, on the new server, are on 92.118.134.51 and the Eth0
> IP is 92.118.134.53. I don't want to use that IP, but rather 92.118.134.51
> for Eth0 and Vsites, Every time I try to change the Eth0 ip, or remove the
> alias ip I get those error messages.
> Now I'm trying to figure a way, without starting over, to correct this.

Where are you trying to change 92.118.134.53 to 92.118.134.51? is that
via "System Settings" / "TCP/IP"?

If that is not working for you, then please do this:

a.) You have local access to the server via plugged in keyboard and monitor:

In that case use /root/network_settings.sh to change the primary IP.

b.) You only have access remotely:

Login by SSH to the IP 92.118.134.51 (the IP of the Vsites and the IP
you want to keep!). This is important!

As "root" run /root/network_settings.sh and change the primary IP from
92.118.134.53 to 92.118.134.51.

When that is done, check with /sbin/ifconfig that the aliases are gone.
If they are gone, then all is good.

If they are not gone, then reboot the box for good measure. It should
come back up without aliases an should only be using 92.118.134.51 instead.