[BlueOnyx:19285] Installing blueonyx with LXC (proxmox 4.1)

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Thu Mar 10 09:42:38 -05 2016

Hi,

this is is just tested but no QA running if it really works.
Anyway, using the template I've created you can run blueonyx 5209 on a
LXC virtual.machine.
I've only tried it on Proxmox but it should run on any LXC capable OS
providing you use an ext3/4 image as the root-device as that provides
the quota needed.

As I used a pristine 5209 installation to create the template
I've changed /etc/fstab to reflect the change to a single rootfs.

/dev/root	 /           rootfs    defaults,usrquota,grpquota
   0 0

And added the following:

touch /aquota.user
touch /aquota.group

chmod 0600 /aquota.user
chmod 0600 /aquota.group

instead of
/bin/mount -o remount $dir > /dev/null 2>&1

to /usr/sausalito/scripts/enableQuota.sh

Installation instruction for Proxmox 4.1:
1,	Create CT using blueonyx-5209-default_20160310_amd64.tar.gz
as template.
	Disk-size minimum 30GB, enter password/IP-address and Gateway.

2,	After VM is created add ",quota=1" at the end of the rootfs-
line in /etc/pvelxc/<vmid>.conf.

3,	Start LXC-vm from GUI.

4,	Log in to Proxmox-host, attach to running VM using "lxc-
attach -n <vmid>".

5,	After startup is finished fill out the curses form and when
it's finished the machine is running and you can access it via the web-
gui on the entered IP.

The template can be downloaded from here: https://www.bluapp.com/index.
php/support/filer/category/3-blueonyx-software?download=13:blueonyx-
5209-default-20160310-amd64

You just have to register to get access to the file.

At the moment the site is in Swedish, I'm sorry for that.

Best regards,

Rickard
--

Bluapp AB