[BlueOnyx:19334] Re: FTP to /web Folder

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 16 15:05:00 -05 2016

Hi Dirk,

> There  would be also an option for ptoftpd to do this but I do now know yet which option this is.

That's done via the "DefaultRoot" and "DefaultChdir" settings in
proftpd.conf.

The options we have in place there haven't changed in years. But from
one day to another they stopped working. It's one of my many cripes with
ProFTPd: The docs say: "Do it this way and it works." You do as the docs
say and it sure doesn't work.

They have a lot of this "feature creep" where things that used to work
suddenly don't work anymore.

That's why ditching ProFTPd is still high on my list, but as I mentioned
before: It ain't easy. :-(