[BlueOnyx:21387] Re: Roundcube

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sat Sep 16 15:29:50 -05 2017

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Michael Stauber wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>>> On a brand new setup of a 5209R server, Roundcube giving me the same
>>> problem as on another existing server I added the package. Not sure what
>>> could be the problem, same issue on both 5209R servers. The login comes
>>> up, but times out with ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE when trying to log in.
>>
>> Not sure what that could be. It could be that the version of RoundCube
>> you're using is incompatible with the PHP version you're using on that
>> Vsite. Or it could be that there is a problem with connecting to MariaDB.
>>

> It's version 1.3.1 on the 5209R with PHP 5.4.16, I believe those are
> compatible? I can use the mysql connection string parameters from the
> config file and connect to localhost as shown without problem. Nothing
> appears in the httpd error log when trying to login. Again, on two
> different 5209R servers, really strange. No one ever had this issue?

My bad, I am getting an error and found the issue. The dovecot IMAP
server is only responding to localhost from the machine itself. I can
connect from another computer to ports 110 and 143, but not from this
server. If I set the host to localhost in the config file, it works.
Would this be a firewall issue? Netstat reports both ports listening on
all addresses.

--
Robert