[BlueOnyx:22502] Re: RHEL 8 Beta is out - BlueOnyx 5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 16 01:50:14 -05 2018

Hi Ernie,

> I grabbed the ISO too, it seems to have two php versions on it, 7.1 and 7.2
> but the relase notes say 7.2 is what's distrubted with it

The ISO has both. I just did a minimal install (with optional
developer-tools checked as well) into a VirtualBox VM.

The resulting server has no PHP at all installed (no surprise). And now
I'm struggling to enable the YUM repositories. I only have a "RedHat
Developer" subscription with RedHat, which amounts to nothing. When I do
"subscription-manager register --auto-attach" and enter my credentials,
it won't allow me to attach any repositories.

That's what I expected to see based on this document:

https://developers.redhat.com/rhel8/install-rhel8-vbox/

# yum repolist
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - AppStream Beta (RPMs)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS Beta (RPMs)

But instead I get this:

[root at 5210r ~]# yum repolist
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
This system is registered to Red Hat Subscription Management, but is not
receiving updates. You can use subscription-manager to assign subscriptions.
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
This system is registered to Red Hat Subscription Management, but is not
receiving updates. You can use subscription-manager to assign subscriptions.
No repositories available

The web portal https://access.redhat.com/management/systems/ shows the
system, but I can't assign any subscriptions either. Instead it says (in
German, I'm loosely translating it): "This system is fully up to date,
not covered by any subscriptions. You're not getting updates."

I'll unregister this install and do a reinstall to see how that goes. :-/