[BlueOnyx:01118] Re: PHP method for changing folder / file owner?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 24 08:53:44 -05 2009

Hi Jeff,

> So it seems that BX puts all server admins in the wheel group by
> default, it's just that (by default) sudo doesn't allow wheel to use
> them - as default. Also the other cool thing is that now I can do sudo
> stuff without having to keep typing in that darn password. Brilliant!

While this is a nice work around, I'd rather encourage people not to use it.
Or at their own risk. Because granting sudo rights is like giving them the
keys to your crown jewels.

I'm working on a GUI enhancement that allows siteAdmins to chown stuff through
the GUI. Should be ready in a few days. It'll be built into BlueOnyx by
default. So just sit tight for a few more days ...