[BlueOnyx:00416] Virtual Iron, GUI Backup & Console monitor

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Thu Jan 29 04:54:11 -05 2009

Hi list - first post here.

Firstly I thought I would report that Virtual Iron 4.5 is working
great with BlueOnyx - I have successfully compiled the VI Tools - so
if anyone can't be bothered to compile them let me know and I will
send you the RPM.

There are only really two (well one really) things which I am waiting
for in BONX.

1) I had only recently bought the GUI Backup for BQ - and now I need
to shell out another $100 for GUI Backup for BONX? I also think (don't
mean to offend anyone here BTW) but isn't $100 a bit steep? I can't be
sure but I thought the BQ one used to be $50. Are there any plans for
an upgrade price? Forgive me if this has already been asked.

2) I really like the Console Monitor app. I just find it super helpful
- although it only ever seemed to work for the 'admin' user. It seems
like a pretty simple app - is there any chance of it being ported?

One other last thing - is there any reason why it's not possible to
restart the apache service from the web admin like you can with
MySQL / SMTP etc? If you're working on HTTP.CONF includes and you
don't want to give away shell access - this would be useful.

Cheers,

Jeff Jones
jeffrhysjones at mac.com