[BlueOnyx:02974] Re: Installing BQ packages on BX...

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Sat Nov 28 17:28:53 -05 2009

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
>> Eiji Hamano (bluequartz) wrote:
>>
>>> Frequently, they don't  reply us on their Non-Open Support Ticket
>>> pages. They don't  have mailinglist for their PKGs. And generally,
>>> they don't  reply to my specific questions by email.
>>>

>> Seriously, I think you fears and insecurities are mis-placed. The
>> specific support structures you are asking for exist, and the problems
>> you have listed do not exist as far as I can tell... Rather than bog
>> down the list with your specific experience, contact me offline, and if
>> there is something I can do to help, let me know.
>
> Greg, I appreciate the work you do on your free packages, as I think
> DFix in
> particular is a really great product.  But I can say that I personally
> have
> been a bit exasperated trying to get you to respond to email about
> DFix in
> the past, so much so that I have taken to either posting my questions
> here
> on the email lists or, more recently, on your forum.
> Don't get me wrong, I am not offended by the lack of response -- it's
> a free
> program I am asking questions about, but it is frustrating when you are
> trying to fix something and you can't get an answer to a question
> unless you
> ask it in a public place so it can't go ignored.  I probably have five or
> six emails I've sent to you go unanswered at all.  I have at least 3-4
> emails to Michael that are similarly "lost in space."  It just seems
> to me
> that Brian was more accessible than others have been.
>
> I agree with what you are all saying, I just have a problem with
> swallowing
> it hook, line and sinker.  I guess if web hosting were more
> profitable, it
> would be easier to digest spending money for the latest and greatest.  It
> just hasn't been worth it so far, but then again, I guess I've just been
> lucky.

Can I encourage you to use the official support mechanisms offered. I
have a ticketing system to help me keep track of issues. I also have a
forum available. Sending mail to my private email address only increases
the chance of your question getting lost.

With your specific case, I think the response whilst not perfect was
adequate. I have sent you details off list.

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
| <  o  > Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules & Support.    |