[BlueOnyx:06978] Re: IMPORTANT: Last nights YUM updates - official fix

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Apr 10 22:10:53 -05 2011

Just a brief note of thanks and a pat on the collective back of the BX
community for (a) recognizing, (b) sharing and ultimately (c) resolving
the curve-balls we were thrown this weekend.

I've "only" been doing this since 1996.  In that time I've been part of
numerous projects and have employed various Open Source & commercial
packages in our hosting operations.  Whether it's the big commercial
vendors or the smaller Open Source offerings, things do break.  That's
just a cost of doing business with computers.  Stuff breaks.  It's the
resolution that we all ultimately are concerned with.  I've seen the
major players (who we paid big $$ for support to) sit on their hands as
hours turn to days which turn to over a week on issues similar to what
we faced here, while users and customers are left twisting in the wind.

This weekend's efforts are something we can be proud of.  Everybody who
has posted here has my admiration and appreciation.   And... I'm 100%
sober.  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services