[BlueOnyx:06991] Re: IMPORTANT: Last nights YUM updates - official fix

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Mon Apr 11 09:35:05 -05 2011

On 4/11/2011 12:29 AM, Michael Aronoff wrote:
> Chris Wrote: (parts trimmed for space)
>> This weekend's efforts are something we can be proud of.  Everybody who
>> has posted here has my admiration and appreciation.
> I second this sentiment. I have 5 dedicated servers and was quite nervous
> when the first one had the problem. (the other 4 run yum a day behind from
> past experience ;-)
>
> This list was so fast I had a fix ready to try out before Chris made it to
> the datacenter. Although it also made me feel good he was willing to drive
> over so quickly on a Sunday. I almost felt bed it wound up being unneeded.
> In the end he was good spirited about it (I think I got him out of yard
> work). So I am thankful to him for a whole other reason.

I'll third this, what a great job!!! On my way to the pool with a cooler
of cold beverages yesterday when I sat down to make a quota change for
someone and found this issue of the wizard popping up like it was new. I
thought my day was ruined, but I immediately went to the list and found
the postings. I just logged in to the BO VPS's I have, on VMware ESXi,
did the yum clean all and yum update and all was good again. Don't have
any alias directory and a few SSL certs, all working fine still today,
but I still haven't rebooted, yet. Thanks a million to everyone,
especially Michael, for your dedicated work and saving my day!!!!!

--
Robert <robert at webtent.org>