[BlueOnyx:07005] Re: Apache error problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 12 10:11:04 -05 2011

Hi Rashid,

> I wonder if anyone is able to suggest what is wrong with one of my Blueonyx
> boxes. I has three but a few days ago one of them started returning and
> error – the other two are fine! The error is :
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function printPage() in
> /usr/sausalito/ui/web/login.php on line 31

This error happens if the GUI pages for the BlueOnyx interface can not
communicated with the the CCE engine which is the backend behind the GUI. The
problem can happen if the service CCEd is down really hard.

In that case restart it with "/etc/init.d/cced.init restart" as "root".

The other cause could be that you are running a PHP different than the "stock"
php-5.1.6 that's usually present on BlueOnyx.

The GUI interface of BlueOnyx requires that you run the PHP-5.1.6 that comes
with CentOS-5. There are PHP-5.3 and PHP-5.3 PHP PKGs available from different
third party software vendors, which will work with BlueOnyx, but anything else
not specifically designed for BlueOnyx will typically cause problems.

Did you by chance compile PHP on your own, or did you install a custom
compiled PHP from someone else? That's probably the problem.

> I did the obvious yum clean all and updated, no fix. I had a poke around
> and discovered that in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf the following lines were
> commented out :
> #AddHandler php5-script .php
> #AddType text/html .php
>
> I rectified this, decided a reboot was in order after the update, but it is
> still returning the same error. Furthermore, I note that these lines seem
> to be commented out again (however I did run the fix php conf script).

Yes, that is normal and expected. Typically PHP is disabled globally in Apache
on BlueOnyx. But when a site has PHP usage enabled, then the respective
AddHandler and AddType are added into the config of just the sites that have
PHP support enabled.