[BlueOnyx:07196] Re: BlueOnyx easter egg: Mailman support

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 27 16:56:21 -05 2011

Hi Jeff,

> It seems my sendmail was still linked into majordomo in the mc file:
>
> dnl # removed /etc/mail/aliases.majordomo
> define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases, /etc/mail/aliases.majordomo')
>
> The mailman install must have created the first line, but for some reason
> the second line remains unaltered. There was also no reference in there to
> mailman aliases. I changed the second line to reference the mailman
> aliases file:
>
> define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases, /etc/mail/aliases.mailman')
>
> rebuilt the config, performed new aliases, and voila... aliases.mailman.db
> is built and Mailman is online...

Weird. The new code actually fixes sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc twice:

Once the new base-blueonyx is installed and then again when base-mailman is
installed. In both cases that'll run /usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh,
which will make sure you got the right references to the new alias files in
sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc.

No idea why that didn't work for you. Or did you copy an old sendmail.cf/mc
back in to get your RBLs working again? :o)