[BlueOnyx:06611] Re: Vsite Quota

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Mar 1 21:26:34 -05 2011

David,

The command "ls -lh" only shows you the size of files in that directory, or 4kb sized sub-directories.  Not a lot of help.

Go to the directory and instead of using "ls", use "du".  The best command will be "du -hs subdirectoryname".  Or to see everything under that "du -hs *".  That command will add up everything under that subdirectory name and give you the total size in human readable format.

Just one thing to remember, don't try this in the /home/sites directory.  It will give you the size of each link which is worthless.  Look in that directory for the site you want to check the size of.  You'll find something like:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   18 Feb  8 00:22 www.test.com -> ../.sites/39/site9

To check the amount of disk usage that the site "www.test.com" is using - use the command "du -hs /home/.sites/39/site9".  That will return the actual amount of disk space being used by www.test.com, its website, and all its users.

Chuck