[BlueOnyx:09610] Re: New 5108R install fails on starting CCE

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 13 07:57:09 -05 2012

Hi Richard,

> However, when changing the IP address from the current private IP
> (192.168.x.x) to the public IP it's going to be on (217.112.x.x) it fails
> to restart - just hanging on 'Running CCE constructors'.
> I used the root/network_settings.sh script to change the IP - should I have
> used the GUI?
> As the server is fine on install, would it be likely to work OK if I took
> it to the data centre and installed it with the public IP as the first and
> only IP used?
> It's a 240 mile round trip to the data centre, so I need to be fairly
> confident I'm doing something that'll work.

If you still have SSH access, check the process list with "ps axf" and kill
off CCEd and all the processes that it called. Also kill off "pperld" if it
still shows. Then restart CCEd manually:

/etc/init.d/cced.init restart

Short of that a reboot will probably clear the problem as well. So you could
try "/sbin/reboot" and/or have someone at the datacenter reset the box for
you.