[BlueOnyx:10989] Re: Mailman prob

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sun Jul 22 10:46:47 -05 2012

Yea, I've run into this same problem.  And although I have a lot of experience with Mailman - I can't seem to find some of the fixes.

When you create the list and give it a list name, that will work as its address.  So I created "members"@domain.  The system changed the "ListAddress" to "221-members at 222.domain".  And each message goes out with the prefix "221-members" in the subject line.  But at least, we can continue sending messages to members at domain and that works.

I found where to change the prefix in the subject line.  Go to the list in the BlueOnyx list and click on the "vsiteMailMan_Admin" button.  It takes you to the Mailman administration.  On this page, you can set the moderators (those who are notified about a new posting and can approve/disapprove it), set the site administrators, and set the prefix for the subject line.

But I still haven't found the fix for the posting policy.  Even though I've set it repeatedly in the BX GUI for "members" - it continues to require moderator approval for every message.  And it also continues to send out monthly reminders to list members, even though I've set that to NO in the Mailman Admin interface.

So if you find a fix to either of these problems - let us know.  I've even tried destroying the lists and rebuilding under a separate name - no help.  The system continues to change it to "moderator approved".

Chuck