[BlueOnyx:10999] Re: Strange URL problem on 5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 22 13:09:33 -05 2012

Hi DD,

> I was first confused by the fact that index.php didn't appear as a default
> document under DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf but I found it under
> /etc/httpd/cond.f/blueonyx.php

Correct.

> - could you tell me if the attached blueonyx.conf looks correct?

Yeah, it looks fine.

> I set up a test site containing both an index.html and an index.php file,
> plus a folder:
>
> http://www.kagu.co.uk returns index.html

Yeah, because if index.html is present, it has a higher priority than
index.php

> http://www.kagu.co.uk/folder/ shows the empty folder
> http://www.kagu.co.uk/folder should show the folder but returns index.php in
> web root

That is unusual. You can test it on one of my 5108R VPS's:

http://5108r1.smd.net/test
http://5108r1.smd.net/test/

When you go to http://5108r1.smd.net/test without the trailing slash, the URL
is automatically changed to http://5108r1.smd.net/test/ with the slash. That
is the typical behaviour on 5108R - in fact on any BlueOnyx.

> Any ideas where I should be looking specifically for something which would
> cause this behaviour?

I think what you see there is caused by a rewrite rule. This could pretty much
be anywhere. It can be in a .htaccess file in the sites /web directory, in a
config file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ or in the site's Vhost container, which you
find here:

/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/siteX.include

Replace the X with the sitenumber of the site in question. It could also be in
httpd.conf or srm.conf.