[BlueOnyx:13512] kickstart: eth0 does not exist

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Sat Aug 10 21:12:36 -05 2013

Hi,

I am trying to setup 5108R on a new server, using the most recent iso
based on Scientific Linux 6.3. The kickstart installation fails to start
with an error on line 8: "The provided network interface eth0 does not
exist".

If I get myself a prompt using alt-f2, ifconfig only displays the loopback
adapter.

The 2 onboard nics are enabled in the bios.

Server is a SuperMicro 5018D-MF:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5018/SYS-5018D-MF.cfm
which contains the X10SLL-F mainboard:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C220/X10SLL-F.cfm
with 1x Intel® i217LM & 1x Intel® i210AT NIC.

How can I get the installation to recognise the nics?

Thank you
--
Maurice de Laat