[BlueOnyx:13355] Re: site logs

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jul 16 08:25:55 -05 2013

On 7/16/2013 8:19 AM, Will Nordmeyer wrote:
>> If you're looking to cut down on the quota they consume, you might
>> consider not saving them "forever" but maybe just for a year.   Our
>> customers know (or are assisted in learning) to remove old logfiles if
>> they don't want to have them taking up space.
>
> The sites don't really know how to do that - these are the system logs
> - webserver, ftp, mail that are in the site/logs directory.  I'm betting
> most of my sites don't really even track them.  Is there an easy way to
> update the logrotate script to reduce consumption?

This doesn't use logrotate to specifically reduce consumption, but it's
easy enough for you to cut down on the length of time the logs will last.

 From BlueOnyx, Site Management > site in question > Usage Information >
Settings.   Then on Statistics History, instead of "Forever", choose
something less than that.   1 Year seems to be good for our customers, YMMV.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services