[BlueOnyx:12407] Re: Mail filtering alternative to Postini

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Tue Mar 5 13:42:19 -05 2013

FWIW ... Barracuda has a very bad habit that blows off valid email.

Specific example.  If the sender is on a cox.net address, but someone
else on the node gets placed on one of the RBLs (very common), the
whole node is jeopardized.  The barracuda sees the original IP and
kills the email, even if it comes from a valid, non-spamming mail server.

People who are on cox.net, comcast.net, etc are often victimized,
regardles of the mail server they use, because the IP addess of their ISP
is poisoned.