[BlueOnyx:15857] Re: Trying to set an admin *alias*

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 2 14:16:18 -05 2014

Hi Jason and Dan,

> This is the same problem that I am referring to in 15851 however
> I was unaware that this was a bug rather than the expected behaviour.

Actually I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior. While
"admin" is a reserved username, the alias doesn't really need to be
reserved.

This is a bit of a controversity, as as with the "postmaster" alias. We
do need "postmaster" to receive email as per RFC. So emails to
"postmaster" of any Vsite go to the server admin account.

Some have suggested in the past that "postmaster" should also be an
alias that can be assigned to a siteAdmin instead. Which wouldn't be
that trivial to pull off in a way that they always terminate somewhere.

I'll look into the admin alias issue again when I have a moment. There
is also another bug related to email that I need to take care of in the
base-email module.