[BlueOnyx:15903] Re: 5207R - Yum / phpMyAdmin issue and Active Monitor Issues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Sep 7 11:41:12 -05 2014

Hi Jason,

> Issue 1
> =====
>
> The Software Update / Yum Updater page keeps wanting to upgrade phpMyAdmin
> from 4.0.0-1.el6 to 4.0.10.2-1.el6
>
> But when it does so phpMyAdmin  no longer works and I have to uninstall it
> and reinstall 4.0.0-1.el6
>
> Issue 2
> =====
>
> Active Monitor / Status page shows all components as not checked despite me
> toggling them and rebooting the server.
>
> Issue 3
> =====
>
> Active Monitor / Status / Disk Usage page (/disk/serverDiskUsage) on BOTH
> servers has PFHP errors as follows:

These three errors are directly related to a single cause:

You have the EPEL repository active. Which we discourage over and over
again.

The phpMyAdmin BlueOnyx 520XR uses is phpMyAdmin-4.0.0-1.el6.noarch

If your YUM insists in installing a newer one, that will break things.

Active Monitor doesn't work for you, because the BlueOnyx RPM "swatch"
got replaced with a different one from EPEL on your box. So one of the
three services that gathers usage information on your box is no longer
collecting data. Which will lead to the Active Monitor GUI throwing
errors, as data is missing that *should* be there.

Remove the EPEL yum config file from /etc/yum.repos.d/. Then (at the
minimum) reinstall phpMyAdmin and swatch from the BlueOnyx YUM
repositories. But there are probably other RPMs that got replaced as
well and will be troublesome.

Lastly: If you had the EPEL YUM repository active before you installed
the new GUI, you already had the same problems that phpMyAdmin and
Active Monitor weren't working. The same problems just manifested with
different errors. ;-)