[BlueOnyx:15982] Re: Uppercase in email addresses

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Thu Sep 18 09:52:00 -05 2014

Thanks for the responses.
After studying the issue further....

Sep 17 15:46:35 mail dovecot: pop3-login: Aborted login (auth failed, 3
attempts): user=<JohnDoe>
but the user can login
Sep 18 09:03:29 mail dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<jdoe>

So I tried to make an alias JohnDoe for user jdoe received error
"Please enter characters containing only lowercase alphanumeric
characters, period, and underscores"
BTW, I was able to create the JohnDoe alias in virtusertable and all was OK.

I now assume I should make an alias johndoe for the user, GUI accepted,
now to wait for results.

Again thanks for the responses

--
Gerald