[BlueOnyx:18028] Re: Virtual Site List, ~ (tilde)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 16 10:31:23 -05 2015

Hi Lewis,

> When viewing the Virtual Site List there are several blue boxes in the
> Features column. PHP, Email and DNS I understand but the tilde ~ I
> don't.

Vsites in the virtual site list with the "~" symbol have "User Owned
Webs" enabled.

That's personal webspace where the /web folder of a user account is
reachable via http://www.vsite.com/~username/

This feature can only be enabled if the Vsite is using PHP (DSO) or PHP
(DSO) + mod_ruid2.

If suPHP or PHP-FPM are enabled for the Vsite, then user owned webs will
be deactivated automatically, as they are not compatible with that form
of PHP implementation.