[BlueOnyx:18035] Error, The following mail server aliases are in , use and cannot be set:

Lewis Gardner lewisg at iglou.com
Thu Jul 16 17:52:32 -05 2015

As noted in a previous thread I'm having a problem. Since the problem is
unrelated to my previous thread on the tilde I'm starting a new one that
is on point.

The previous thread described a server three sites sharing the same IP
and I'd like to move several others to that IP since I'm running out of
IPs. The names are like www.A.com, B.dyndns.org and www.C.biz. A and B
work correctly displaying their /home/.sites/XX/siteX/web/index.html
files correctly both in preiview and a web browser pointed to their
respectivce names. However a web browser when pointed to C displays the
file for A.

Figuring that Automatic DNS Configuration has something to do with this
I went to General Settings and toggled the check box for Automatic DNS
Configuration of the site. It turns off fine but when turning it back on
I get a red box with the error "The following mail server aliases are in
use and cannot be set: '.(domain name that does not have the tilde)'
Looking through various DNS records in the GUI I don't see any obvious
errors but I'm certainly not very proficient at DNS.

Since virtual site www.C.biz didn't have much on it I simply deleted it
and built it again and all is well. Then I tried to move another site to
the same IP and had the same problem.

So now there are 4 sites on the same IP:
www.A.com
B.dyndns.org
www.C.biz
www.D.org

While www.C.biz now works deleting www.D.org would be a PITA due to the
users and data that are there. Again toggling the Automatic DNS
Configuration results in the "The following mail server aliases are in
use and cannot be set" error. I cannot help but think this error is
related to the problem I'm having.

And again a web browser when pointed to www.D.org displays the file for
www.A.com.

Any ideas?