[BlueOnyx:19174] Re: 5107/5108 Hyper-V image fresh install results in 40GB ?

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Tue Feb 23 07:30:26 -05 2016

I would like to add a different perspective here. I once knew some die-hard word perfect users, who swear by a version of that product that only runs on MS-DOS. They had thousands upon thousands of documents created in this file format, but they refused to move to anything more modern. Microsoft had stopped supporting MS-DOS.

Eventually, they realized that the rest of the world had changed around them, and invested in windows and Microsoft Word. They paid a third party company to migrate to Windows, and paid someone else to train their staff on Word.

The only certain thing about our world is that things will not be the same in the future. Change is inevitable. As the borg say, Resistance is futile. You are trying to stay on an older product to avoid change. Wind the clock forward a few years. 5207 and 5208 will be retired one day. What will you do then? Why not avoid that decision (and the migration to 5209) …. and get the pain out of the way now. It will be a smarter decision in the long run.

GK