[BlueOnyx:19845] hostname changed on 5209R?

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sat Jul 16 12:09:44 -05 2016

I found a 5209R had stopped backing up using Solbackup and the reason
was that the hostname changed. It went from the FQDN (www5.webtent.net)
to just the host name (www5) and the FTP storage was failing due to not
being able to find the directory. I looked at the /etc/hosts file and
see the columns in it were reversed, perhaps on 6/30 of this year when
our backup stopped working. Sure enough, the hosts file was modified the
morning of 7/1.

Of course, I can make the necessary changed, but should this be? Looking
at the older BO servers, the hosts file is....

x.x.x.x      www1.webtent.net                www1

And now on the 5209R ...

x.x.x.x      www5                            www5.webtent.net

I prefer the hostname to be a fully qualified domain name, is there a
reason for this change?

--
Robert