[BlueOnyx:21249] block spam from .faith domains

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Tue Aug 15 11:18:50 -05 2017

hello all

Newly, I'm getting heaps of spam from all kind of different .faith domains, one of those phony new top levels domain names.

So I want to block them at server level in the GUI at Server Management > Network Services > E-Mail > Advanced > Block Email From Hosts/Domains by entering there the domain names. The tool tip says:

Enter the host names and domain names that are not allowed to deliver email to this server. Please enter a properly formatted host name or domain name. The default value is to leave this field empty. For example, www.example.com and example.com are valid entries.

My question is: how can I enter wildcards? If I enter **.faith*, an error is thrown with «Please fix this field». If I enter **a.faith* or e.g. **.*b.com*, it says «Sorry, the data entered in the field deniedHosts is invalid. Please check your input and try again.»

Any idea?

Thank you and best regards

Meaulnes Legler
~  www.WaveWeb.ch  ~