[BlueOnyx:20522] Re: Single site CMU migrations

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 16 10:57:07 -05 2017

Hi Lewis,

> I'm fairly sure I have done this before but I can't find my notes and
> the FAQ (www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrations) appears to not
> address this. It appears that something may be wrong with gmane.org. I
> can't search there.

[root at 5209r ~]# cmuImport -h
Reading config file: /etc/cmu/cmuConfig.xml
usage:   cmuImport [OPTION]
         -a import files of user 'admin'
         -c import configuration only
         -d directory of that contains the exported files
         -p do not import user passwords, userPasswd in
            /etc/cmu/cobaltBase.xml will be used instead
         -s import server-admins (Resellers)
         -i import all virtual sites with this IP address
         -n import only these sites ie -n "ftp.foo.com,www.bar.com"
         -A skip adjust script, this is dangerous
         -S skip conflict resolution
         -C skip scanin script, this is useful for see what conflict
            exist
         -h help, this help text

So the syntax for importing a single Vsite from a complete CMU export
set would be this:

cmuImport -n "www.site1.com" -d /home/import/data/

You can also combine switches. Say you want to import just one Vsite and
also want to directly change it's IP address? In that case you'd use this:

cmuImport -n "www.site1.com" -i 10.1.100.1 -d /home/import/data/

That would import this single Vsite onto the IP address 10.1.100.1

> The source 5106R machine has Advanced Backup GUI 1.9.3 installed.
> The target 5208R machine has Automated Backup 2.1.3-2 installed.
>
> Is CMU the correct tool or is there a better way?

That's fine and it will just work.