[BlueOnyx:20533] Re: Smart Host *** fixed ***

blueonyxuser at gmail.com blueonyxuser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 23:03:50 -05 2017

... snipped

> In that case I wouldn't mysqldump it. Just stop MySQL, pack up
> /var/lib/mysql (or /home/mysql if the databases are there) and move that
> to the new server.
>
> Once you have it on the new server, stop MySQL (or MariaDB) there, put
> the packed up directory to /var/lib/mysql and restart the service.
>
> You will have to run the corresponding binary to convert the databases
> to whatever version of MySQL or MariaDB you're now running, though.
>
> A safe bet is that it'll be the /usr/bin/mysql_upgrade binary.

Thank you I will look at scheduling that very soon indeed.

On the list thing I don't see any email that I send to the list back to me
at all but I get the replies from others.... very strange indeed.

But I can use the list archive to confirm that it gets to the list if it is
too hard to sort this part of the list out for me :-)

Tony