[BlueOnyx:21219] Re: 5208R problem with System Settings -> TCP/IP and duplicate eth entry

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 27 12:30:07 -05 2017

Hello,

> Now I have a new problem in a 5208 VM cloned, I removed the
> 70-persistent-net-rules and reboot, I assigned the new ip address to the
> new ethernet interface with network_settings.sh, now in the admin GUI I
> have 2 ethernet entry with the same (correct) mac address, the first with
> the ip and the second empty.
> The system have only 1 ethernet and no alias and everything works fine.

If it's not causing any problems (and it shouldn't) then you could just
ignore it.

What's happened here is that there are now two CODB database objects for
the same network interface. It's possible to delete the extra one with
cceclient. It involves removing the "real" flag from the redundant
interface and then "destroying" (deleting) the object.

If you file a support ticked via the GUI I can do that for you.