[BlueOnyx:22102] Re: IPv6 configuration - sendmail down

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 23 10:18:15 -05 2018

Hi Jochen,

> I set an IPv6 address and our gateway which is a link local address
> (fe80::...)

That's the problem: The link local address (fe80::...). You must set a
real IPv6 address. Link local will only work on the same device.

> This is the corresponding line:
> O DaemonPortOptions=Familiy=inet6, port=smtp, Name=MTA-v6, Modifier=O,
> Addr=2a00:fe0:0:2::600/64

This is the second problem. The primary IPv6 IP has a netmask here
(2a00:fe0:0:2::600/64) and it shouldn't.

Please check your IPv6 configuration. All IPv6 IPs need to be qualified
IPv6 addresses (not link local) and must be entered without their
netmask when you configure the network via the GUI or via
/root/network_settings.sh.