[BlueOnyx:23111] LetsEncrypt Auto Update Failed

Philip Hamer phil at pwmaintenance.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 16:08:16 -05 2019

Good evening.

One of my hosts threw an error during an automatic Lets Encrypt SSL update.
I tried a manual update via the GUI and it still would not update.
I re-booted the server (thinking this might fix things) then the site
showed an NGINX error for the site.
Yikes.

I went back into the GUI, selected the site in question then went to SSL.
Selected the LetsEncrypt tab.
Under SSL Domain Aliases I clicked Remove All.
Ticked Request Or Renew Certificate.
Clicked Save
Waited and it updated.

The site came back to life.
Quick check on Chrome gave me the padlock back and the correct expiry date.

This was the first time fail for me for an LE certificate update.
Auto updates have always worked.

The above may be useful to someone for a quick fix if it happens to you.

Kind Regards,

PHILIP HAMER
PW Maintenance
https://www.warmairheaters.com