[BlueOnyx:22687] Re: latest ClamAV update fails to load - sorted for 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Feb 12 12:26:46 -05 2019

Hi all,

I just did some quick tests on new 5209R's and 5207R/5208R's:

On 5209R's it may fail if the RPM "pcre2" isn't installed. Depeding on
how you installed (ISO, OS-Template on 6108R or 6109R) it may or may not
be present.

I just released 5209R-solarspeed-clamav-0.101.1-2.pkg which will make
sure that "pcre2" gets installed if it's missing and that solves the issue.

That PKG should appear on NewLinQ within the next 15 minutes. If you
don't see it yet but only see 0.101.1-1, simply run "yum install pcre2"
from the command line and then install whatever latest Clam AV is shown
to you. It should then install just fine.

On 5207R and 5208R the Clam AV PKG 0.101.1-1 installs just fine. No
issues. This version doesn't need "pcre2", but if we ever need it, it's
now in the BlueOnyx YUM repository as the CentOS 6 repository only has
it in Epel.

Now *if* you do have a 5207R and 5208R where Clam AV fails to install,
then please file a "Support Ticket" via the GUI and tick the checkbox
for "Allow Access" and I'll check it out.

Richard Owen: I didn't get your ticket. It must have gotten stuck somewhere.