[BlueOnyx:23469] Re: Azure 5209R VPS failure to add additional admin

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Nov 16 11:12:35 -05 2019

Hi Lee,

> Additional admin has created, but I'm unable to set them as the owner
> of any new site created, only admin is listed.

You can only set a "Server Administrator" as owner of a Vsite if that
"Server Administrator" has the box "Virtual Site Management" ticked.

And he must be assigned the allowance to use one or more IP addresses or
IP address ranges. You can do that under "Server Management" / "System
Settings" / "IP Address Allocation".

> "The IP address 10.0.0.3 is not allowed, please choose another IP address.".

Correct. Please check under "Server Management" / "System Settings" /
"IP Address Allocation". That shows the allowed IP address ranges and
this will be enforced if the checkbox "enabled" is ticked there for "IP
Address Allocation".

Make sure the IP address you want to assign is allowed there if the
service is enabled.

When you review the list of allowed IP address ranges (or when you
create one) you can assign "Server Administrators" to these ranges. User
"admin" will always be an owner of a range. But if you have "Server
Administrators" with the privilege "Virtual Site Management" you can add
their names to an address range as well.

That grants them the ability to use that range for their own Vsites.

With these two things sorted (correct privileges and ownership of at
least one IP address range) you can then assign such a "Server
Administrator" as owner of a Vsite.

> In the system settings for TCP/IP this is blanked out, even though the
> network_settings script has been ran and the /etc/is_aws file is in
> place.

Yes, if /etc/is_aws is present, then the GUI cannot be used to change
the network settings. It will show the info at best in a read only fashion.