[BlueOnyx:24159] Re: Aventurin{e} and 5210R questions

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 7 19:29:51 -05 2020

On 8/7/2020 6:54 PM, Michael Aronoff wrote:

> I am getting ready to migrate my servers to 5210R and Chris suggested
> I use Aventurin{e} with a single container so that is the way we have
> gone.

It really does open up some interesting options and flexibility.   Most
of our customers with dedicated 5210R are electing to virtualize on
their metal these days, which makes migrations and host node changes a
cinch.

> This has lead to a couple of questions I hope others can help with.
>
>  1. VNC Access: I have enabled it and set a password but I am unable
>     to connect with the GUI VNC page or a separate client. I am not
>     sure what to check. I have the FirewallD package installed on the
>     VPS in case that matters.

I'll leave this one to Michael as I am no expert with VNC.

> 1.
>

>  2. There does not seem to be any automated backup package like on the
>     5209R. Is that correct? So I can backup and restore a total
>     snapshot of the VPS but I cannot backup and restore individual
>     sites or users any longer? If this is correct can I manually run
>     raqbackup still? I have clients who mess up their email boxes
>     every so often and I need to be able to restore their user folder
>     alone instead of the whole server.

You can (and several of my customers do) use RaqBackup.sh on their
VPS.   The Solarspeed automated backup is basically a frontend for
RaqBackup.sh anyhow.    The quick-configurator is here:

https://www.virtbiz.com/support/blueonyx/raqbackup-sh/

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services