[BlueOnyx:24179] Re: BSOD

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:59:45 -05 2020

Michael wrote:
> No, the "Automated Backup" isn't ready yet for 5210R.

Just to chime in on this. I did my first 5209R to 5210R migration last
weekend and it was bumpy a for a few reasons but once I got used to things
Easy Migrate was a bright spot.

It had problems and bombed out twice but because of the way it works you can
simply start it again and it does not have to actually do everything over.
It uses Rsync and only copies the files that have not already been copied.

At Chris's suggestion I am running the new 5210R as an Aventurin{e} VPS. You
can use Aventurin{e} With a single VPS at no cost. This allows the whole
server to be backed up via snapshots. That however does not allow getting to
individual files if a client needs that so I installed the Raqbackup script
that Automated Backup was based on. That way if a client needs me to recover
their mailbox or a single file I can easily get to that.

M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  - Thomas Jefferson