[BlueOnyx:24186] Re: AVSPAM Outbound scanning

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 12 16:50:40 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> However looking at the Spamass-Milter man page it seems like you should have
> an -I to have it not scan SMTPAuth users.

Hmmm ... yeah, this sounds odd. I'll need to check that.

> So as a follow up to this I changed to Postfix as my MTA and boy is it
> faster.

Yeah, it's quite a noticeably difference.

> I am looking at the logs however and it seems that when using Postfix
> spamass-milter entries are not shown.

Sadly Postfix logs the milter stuff not into /var/log/maillog, but into
/var/log/messages instead. But over there you're finding that kind of
information.

I had looked into consolidating the Postfix related logging back into
maillog, but one way or another it breaks expectation. On CentOS it's
default to let Postfix log to where it's logging now. Yet we're still
being used to have it all in one place from prior usage of BlueOnyx with
Sendmail.