[BlueOnyx:24187] Re: AVSPAM Outbound scanning

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:21:15 -05 2020

Michael wrote:
> Sadly Postfix logs the milter stuff not into /var/log/maillog, but into
/var/log/messages instead.
> But over there you're finding that kind of information.

OK, I was able to find what I need. It is not at all easy to use any longer
however. When Sendmail did the logging it was all prefixed with the message
ID so you could search the logs by email address and then get the long
alpha-numeric message id. Then by searching by that you could easily see the
whole transaction for an email.

Now I have to search by recipient server username like user=maronoff and
that will show the spamd entries for that user. Then I have to try and look
at the times to figure out what entries relate back to the maillog. There is
no easy direct reference.

Still, it is workable and the speed is SO much better that I will leave this
for now.

Thanks,

M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  - Thomas Jefferson