[BlueOnyx:24567] Re: End of life of Centos 8?

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Dec 8 18:11:03 -05 2020

On 12/8/2020 4:55 PM, neil at waterend.net wrote:
> Just read an article that suggests strongly that RedHat are planning
> on killing off Centos 8 in 2021 <tel:2021> and push people onto
> something called Centos Stream - which sounds like a "test ground" for
> RedHat fixes....

This is true.

> Any thoughts - 2021 <tel:2021> isn't far away...  Not sure if I'd want
> to be running on a perpetual beta OS...

Discussion is already underway on the Dev list.

My main message right now would be "don't panic."   The news is VERY
fresh today and mechanations are already underway, but it's really early
to have definite answers at the moment.

As you say, 2021 isn't far away, but there's a bit of time to get things
worked out, and insofar as it impacts the BlueOnyx world, you'll see it
here.

--

Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services