[BlueOnyx:23597] Re: Aventurin{e} 6109R possible buglet?

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 09:38:41 -05 2020

Hi Chris,

> Not a bug, but a possible explanation for you.   Most enterprise and carrier
> grade level routers use various technologies, including ARP cache, to look out
> for the overall integrity of the network.   If an IP address suddenly shows up as
> ARPing on a different MAC address, then the router responsible for the
> gateway service may (will) prevent it from becoming active on the network until
> a predetermined period of time has passed or a network admin has manually
> cleared the cache.

I thought about the ARP tables but this was over a couple of days. Would the tables not have updated?
Either way I was just interested as to where the node stored the info - presumably in CODB and whether it had deleted cleanly.

Just waiting for Michael to find a moment to clear down the old node and will then be in touch..

Regards

Colin